MSc Economics Preparatory Module
1. For a function where , consider the statement . Below, you are given a number of statements and an asserted relationship to . Select all answers where the assertion is correct. (Multiple choice; Hint: equivalent conditions are also both necessary and sufficient!)
2. Let be a function such that . What is false? (Single choice)
3. Consider the premise P1: “Every time I watch my sports team play, they lose.” Which pairs of additional premise P2 and conclusion C are such that P1 and P2 imply C? (Multiple choice; Hint/clarification: you may assume that winning and losing are mutually exclusive.)
4. Which of the following are true? (Multiple choice)
5. What is the mathematical nature of the graph of a function , i.e. what type of object is it?
6. Consider the conclusion “Snoopy is a good boy”. Which two premises P1 and P2 imply this conclusion? (Single Choice)
Question 1 of 6
To restart the quiz, simply refresh the page.